How to Work with Anxiety Using Mindfulness & Self-Compassion: A Daylong Retreat
Date: Saturday, March 25, 2023
Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM PT
The current state of affairs that we are facing as a community on a global scale and in the U.S., as well as at a personal level, have the potential to trigger mental states such as anxiety, worry, fear, anger, etc. The war in Ukraine, the economic uncertainty and inequality, racial injustice, a significant amount of people now in a mental health crisis, homelessness, segregation of people with disabilities, the refugees and displaced people around the world, climate change, things happening in one’s life, all of this can naturally cause us to fall into mental states that feel unpleasant in the body and bring up pain and suffering.
What do you currently do to work with these mental states—specifically anxiety—when they arise? For many of us, we have found or developed unskillful habits that alleviate the pain and discomfort momentarily; however, when examined closely, we realize those habits are actually causing us more pain and suffering now and in the long run. So how can we work with anxiety more skillfully in a way that is more beneficial for the body, mind, and heart?
In this interactive daylong retreat, we will explore and investigate the experience of anxiety, how to work with its energy, reduce unnecessary suffering, all of this in a safe and warm-hearted community.
Through conversation, meditation, inquiry practices, and optional paired exercises, develop your capacity to:
- Become more aware of the different body sensations, emotions, and thought patterns that lead to anxiety
- Skillfully work with the different manifestations of anxiety in the body
- Decrease feelings of anxiety, stress, and emotional avoidance
- Utilize mindfulness, loving-kindness, and self-compassion practices in a useful and practical way
- Understand different principles, tools, and techniques that will assist you in your everyday life
Schedule: Saturday, March 25th, 2023
10am – 4:00pm PT
Experience Level: All
A few notes on what to bring:
- Please wear comfortable clothes and layers and be prepared for temperature changes.
- Bring lunch for the day and your water bottle.
This is an in-person event: To uphold our COVID safety protocols, capacity will be limited to 75 at InnerWay LA in Culver City. Proof of vaccination with boosters will be required along with masks.
6512 Arizona Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Google map and directions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter